WorldStores strives to ensure that all goods arrive complete and without damage. If any goods appear damaged on delivery, you should refuse the goods and sign the courier's manifest as "damaged on delivery, item refused". If the goods appear superficially damaged (i.e. the packaging looks damaged) please accept the goods and sign the courier's manifest as "damaged on delivery". If it's apparent that goods are damaged after the courier has gone please report the fault to us using this form with a full description of the problem. We will then contact you to arrange collection of the damaged goods and organise the dispatch of new goods or spare parts.
Articles in this section
- There are items missing from my delivery. What should I do?
- My goods arrived damaged. What should I do?
- I do not live on the ground floor; can my items be delivered to other floors?
- How much will my delivery cost?
- Where does Woldstores deliver to?
- What are WorldStores’ delivery options?
- Can WorldStores confirm an exact delivery time slot?
- How will I know when to expect my delivery?
- What happens if an item is out of stock?
- Important delivery information